Thursday, 2 August 2012

one word: LOVE

Wow, it's been forever.  Way too long!

I don't know how I've neglected my blog like I have.  I had all intentions of coddling it like a newborn baby, putting time and effort into and watching it grow into a wonderful plump little creation.  Soon it would be rolling over, then smiling and one day could stand on two legs of its own.  But then this funny thing happens.  LIFE!

Life, glorious, wonderful life.

Summer is here.  My favourite time of year.  Sun and light, friends and cheer.  Patios, late nights, drinking beer.  Loving with out fear, cloudless skies, tan lines. Sand castles, water waves, shore lines, far reaching, far beyond our eyes I can see.  Summer, summer, I love you!

Did some travelling, lots of hotels, pools, visiting with friends.  It was fantastic,  I love travelling.  It's invigorating.  I'm one of those people that could easily live out of a suitcase and spend my time travelling the world.  Couldn't we all?  But I have roots, deep roots.  It always feels good to come home.  In my next life I will be a traveller, I think.

My painting has suffered for it, though.  I have a canvas that's been sitting on my painting table for two months.  I keep going to it and playing bits here and theret.  It was initially a cat with wings.  Yes, that's right, a cat with wings.  Big beautiful monarch wings.  My plans were to use garbage to collage sky scrapers and a city scene around it.  It is a mutant cat, after all.  I still like that idea, but it never materialized.  Instead I've been painting over it and I love how it has morphed.  I just know that it's one of those paintings that will be in progress for a very long time, and with that I am okay.  My paintings are still selling, without much effort.  Gently selling, that's more than I could ask for.  I'm just happy someone wants to enjoy my art, that is what makes me happy.

I am crazy for the wonderful music of Chelsea Wolf.  Oh my G.O.D. she is amazing.  Her songs are eerie, haunting, other worldly, soul captivating.  A soundtrack to this point in my life.  I listen to her as I write.

I'm writing.  I'm putting it out into the universe.  I always have been but now I'm ready.  It's happening.  My first draft is coming to an end.  I can't believe it and I am SO elated!  I plan on talking more about this in the future, but for now, what can I say?  This is my dream, it always has been, but dreamers dream.  Writers write.  I keep reminding myself of this, to push myself to act.  Writing brings me into the heights of happiness that I've been searching for and it's for this that I know that it's right and it's what I should be doing.  I am a natural born writer.  Anyone that has exchanged emails with me would know, I often write purely for the sake of writing.  Some times to the dismay of what should be said (or shouldn't).  The art of writing, the birth of words, the construction of feelings and emotions through wordplay is endless gratifying for me.  For anyone who has been my exercise in writing:  I am sorry for putting you through it, but thank you for listening to me and giving me your love and support.



For the last few months I've been creating a world.  It's developed to the point where it's my duty to give it a conclusion.  These people, they have lives and relationships and I am so in love with them.  I hope that I will be able to get it into the hands of the public and they will love this world and these people as well.  I know they will!

Today marks the month of the Blue Moon.  Two moons in one month.  I will be attending a full moon drumming dance tonight.  My first one.  I'm looking forward to it.  I feel a great need to surround myself with positive, feminine energy.



Love and light to you all, I love you, moon!  (get it?  My idea of a joke!)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment